Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let's just go with the title for the first one....Cakes, Mustard Seeds, and Laughter Through Tears

Why not, right?  I mean, this is the first post, and you're probably wondering what in the world, right?  I know I am, and I'm writing it!  So this title came to me late one night, trying to go to sleep.  I've been thinking about embarking on the blog journey for quite a while now, and finally decided to go ahead and take the jump into cyberspace.  So hopefully by explaining the title I can tell you a little bit about what to expect.


Cakes - I decorate cakes.  I love to bake, and love to agree to projects without really having any idea how to go about the actual procedure.  That's part of the fun.  You will hear later about the "Midnight Bakers," and our many adventures in creating original cake designs.  My cakes taste really good, if I do say so myself, and I try very hard to make each cake original and awesome.  I'm no Cake Boss, but I think they look pretty good!


Mustard Seeds - Note the verse at the top.  I am a woman who loves God, and my Spiritual journey is ever-changing.  Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's hilarious, and sometimes it's heart-breaking.  That's called humanity.  I will share my journey, as much as I am willing to have everyone know, and hopefully something will touch someone out there and prompt them to know more, pray more, or seek more.


Laughter Through Tears - For those of you who have not for some reason ever seen Steel Magnolias, let me urge you to stop now and immediately find a copy to watch.  "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!"  I have struggles, like everyone.  I am legally blind, cannot drive, and have a medical history to rival any textbook.  I have found, though, that laughter can keep you sane and keeps others around you from feeling pity and treating you like the freak you are (or, I am, or whatever).  So I try to find humor in situations that would otherwise result in tears.  And sometimes, the two intermingle.  Especially when you have great friends like I do.


So there you go.  A little bit about me and what you might see on here.  I have lots and lots of ideas about upcoming posts, and cannot wait to share the many journeys I am on.  And even if no one reads it but me, days or months after I write it, I hope that I can see growth (and loss, in some areas) along the road.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment